[Rhodes22-list] A Hero Goes to Washington (POLITICS)

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 12:31:20 EDT 2007

well you can't get anyone to set dates for anything, can you? everything "depends". when the iraqi legislature passes a declaration of independence and sends it to the president, and he signs it and hands it over to the congress and they ratify it, (simple majority?, 60%?, ???) and it doesn't get stalled in committee, i guess, then the troops can come home from iraq. the war on terrorism would, of course, still be going on. i have to point out though, that in my opinion, a democratic peaceful nation in between saudi arabia and iran is a good thing. iran seems to be willing to trade influence in iraq as a substitute for revenge for the iran- iraq war. some of our leaders don't think they should have it. thats a mistake. if we have iran on our side, it solves a lot of problems in the entire region. i think its a good tradeoff. otherwise that war might resume the minute we leave, and thats another reason for our continued presence. one more thing, if osama is killed just
 before the election, we will have another republican as the new president. imho.

petelargo <petelauritzen at earthlink.net> wrote:
Oh boy, you mean we get to continue the bush definition of insanity, with no
real plan, with no real strategy, and after 4 years no real exit plan?
Finally, now it will all be ok.