[Rhodes22-list] Test (Excel Spreadsheet)

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Sep 12 13:55:59 EDT 2007

Slim,

I was thinking the same thing.

I've never given it much thought, but I believe I've hit 6 knots on a close
reach in less than 12 knots of wind.  I don't remember if the current might
have been with me or I might have had some ballast to help cut through the
chop.  If the spreadsheet is generally accurate for most boats of any size,
you'll need less wind to hit hull speed for any other points-of-sail off the
wind.

I wonder how much wind is "normally" needed for a Rhodes to hit hull speed
at 150 degrees off the wind.

I should take a log out on the boat and start recording this information.  A
description of the varying conditions would be somewhat arbitrary;
especially the column for alcohol level.

Lee