[Rhodes22-list] 9-11 political commentary - stirring the pot

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:29:33 EDT 2007

Ed,

Thanks for the video. Here's a couple of interesting news stories:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/09/12/ahmadinejad.itn/index.html

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3448829,00.html

And now for the best line to come from the good Professor's briefing to the
Congress:

Each member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee had seven minutes to
question Petraeus and Crocker about the Iraq War. Obama used about six
minutes of his time to lecture Petraeus and Crocker....As Obama was wrapping
up, he said, "That, of course, now leaves me very little time to ask
questions, and that's unfortunate." ...

...Petraeus never got to answer Obama's 266-word question. Rushed at the
end, Obama asked about benchmarks not met. Crocker said, "Senator, I
described for Senator Sununu a little bit ago some of the things that I
think are going to be very important as we move ahead."

Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) followed Obama. He told Petraeus and Crocker, "*As
you have found, our hearings are more about listening to ourselves than
listening to our witnesses*."

Brad