[Rhodes22-list] I gave Stan $1000 and all I got was this email address

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 14:45:04 EDT 2007

welcome. i'm sure we will all benefit from the answers.

Lynn Hoffman <drfood44 at verizon.net> wrote:  So I guess I'll have to make the best of it. I'm in Philly, thinking
of sailing next year at the Jersey Shore. I'm talking to Stan about a
recycled Rhodes and whenever he asks me if I want this or that, I
have to tell him that I have no idea because I haven't spent a week
on a Rhodes or even a weekend.

My intention is to do short cruises, 4 or 5 days or so and some
weekends. I am definitely a comfort sailor, not a speed demon. i'm a
writer and i like the idea of writing aboard. i wonder about things
like where to keep the laptop and whether the wine cooler should be
portable or built in. don't care much about gennakers and cunninghams
or getting another two degrees closer to the wind.

I do wonder about what sort of instrumentation makes sense. Where do
you hang the foulies? stuff like that.
Anyone who's wondered these same things, particularly if you've
wondered them along the east or gulf coasts of the U.S., I'd love to
hear from you.

Lynn

--

Lynn Hoffman, PhD. writes about wine and food. He is the author of
The New Short Course in Wine from PrenticeHall and therecently

More? want to read rave reviews? an excerpt?

http://www.kunati.com

You can order a copy of bang-BANG from:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1601640005

or from your local bookseller.

If you're looking for great wines for less than $US20, get the latest
finds at http://shortcourseinwine.blogspot.com/