[Rhodes22-list] I gave Stan $1000 and all I got was this email address

Tom Dorsey Tom at demaximis.com
Fri Sep 14 10:45:13 EDT 2007

Lynn, I'm also in the hunt for a boat and have corresponded with Stan a
few times as I determine what I need and want in the way of a boat.  I
think you have the time to investigate and decide on the features that
are important as you go through the process.  I have the found the
members of the list to be more than helpful in assisting with questions.
 I'm sure there may be someone in your area who might be able to walk
you through the boat and  give you an idea of what would work best for
you.

Good Luck.

tom

R. Thomas Dorsey
450 Montbrook Lane
Knoxville, TN 37919-2705
865-691-5052
865-691-9835 (fax)

>>> drfood44 at verizon.net 9/13/2007 1:15:04 PM >>>
So I guess I'll have to make the best of it. I'm in Philly, thinking
of sailing next year at the Jersey Shore. I'm talking to Stan about a
recycled Rhodes and whenever he asks me if I want this or that, I
have to tell him that I have no idea because I haven't spent a week
on a Rhodes or even a weekend.

My intention is to do short cruises, 4 or 5 days or so and some
weekends. I am definitely a comfort sailor, not a speed demon. i'm a
writer and i like the idea of writing aboard.  i wonder about things
like where to keep the laptop and whether the wine cooler should be
portable or built in. don't care much about gennakers and cunninghams
or getting another two degrees closer to the wind.

I do wonder about what sort of instrumentation makes sense. Where do
you hang the foulies? stuff like that.
Anyone who's wondered these same things, particularly if you've
wondered them along the east or gulf coasts of the U.S., I'd love to
hear from you.

Lynn

--

Lynn Hoffman, PhD. writes about wine and food. He is the author of
The New Short Course in Wine from PrenticeHall and therecently

More? want to read rave reviews? an excerpt?

http://www.kunati.com

You can order a copy of bang-BANG from:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1601640005

or from your local bookseller.

If you're looking for great wines for less than $US20, get the latest
finds at http://shortcourseinwine.blogspot.com/

Unless otherwise indicated, the information contained in this email
message is the exclusive property of de maximis, inc. and is privileged
and confidential information intended for the use of the individual(s)
or entity(s) named above.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error or are not
sure whether it is privileged, please immediately reply to the sender and
/or notify us by phone (865-691-5052) and destroy all copies whether
electronic and/or paper.