[Rhodes22-list] Killing time

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 15:13:45 EDT 2007

OK...for something productive after I have completed all the store stuff for today...I'v e been cleaning out old emails....

  Here's one that's funny...NOT trying to stir any pots..just read it & sigh...it's closer to the truth than many realize...;^)

  ...elle

    Teacher Applicant
                                      After being interviewed

      By the school administration,

      The eager teaching prospect

      Said:

      "Let me see

      If I've got this right.

       You want me to go into that room with all those kids,

      And

      Fill their every waking moment with a love for learning,

      And

      I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and

      Even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits.

      You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases,

      Check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and

      Raise their self esteem.

      You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, fair play, how to register to vote,

      How to balance a checkbook,

      And

      How to apply for a job.

      I am to check their heads for lice, maintain

      A safe environment,

      Recognize

      Signs of anti-social behavior, make sure all students pass the state exams,

      Even those who don't come to school regularly or

      Complete any of their assignments.

      Plus,

      I am to make sure that all of the students with handicaps

      Get an equal education

      Regardless

      Of the extent of their mental

      Or physical handicap.

      I am to communicate regularly with the parents

      By letter, telephone,

      Newsletter and report card.

      All of this I am to do

      With just