[Rhodes22-list] Fall / Winter preparations up north - tarp price drop

bill davidge wpdavidge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:52:33 EDT 2007

  MIke

    Thanks for the tip, picking up a tarp is on my to do list .What do you
do before you cover the boat ? Is it best to remove the sails and store them
in the basement ?
  This is my 1st winter and not quit sure  . The motor no problem that is
easy.It all of the extra stuff that comes with the Rhodes The head ,
holding tanks, Bimini top and Solar Panels.?

  Thanks Bill Davidge
    s/v Shadow  ( 92 )
   Temperance MI.

On 9/18/07, Michael D. Weisner < mweisner at ebsmed.com> wrote:

> The last few nights were darn cold here on LI.  Temps in the low 50s
> (lower inland w/frost warnings!)  Although the days are warm (70s) and the
> weekend is supposed to reach 80, it makes one think about the coming cold
> weather.  Of course, that means hauling the boat and preparing for winter,
> including covering the boat.
>
> If anyone is looking for the 19' x 29' x 11 mil heavy duty silver tarp
> from Harbor Freight, at a discount, I just received an email pointing me to
> their site at:
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/static_emails/week_38_a.html
> featuring the normally $57 tarp for $40.  They also feature new trailer
> lights ($20) and LED submersibles for a bit more.
>
> Good price, excellent tarp, that's all.
>
> Mike
> s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
> Nissequogue River, NY