[Rhodes22-list] New Home for Ed

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 08:13:44 EDT 2007

Ed,

In case you get homesick for the "good old days", here's your chance to
re-live them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Titan-Missile-Base-Central-Washington_W0QQitemZ190132455924QQihZ009QQcategoryZ1607QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The price is too high.  I think some of the silos in Arkansas went for less
than $300,000.  At least one has been converted to a residence.  One has
been saved as a museum. Of course, the one at Damascus, AR blew up about
1980 or so and the nuke warhead landed intact about 600' feet away. My boss
at the time got an FAA violation for flying a news crew over the site right
after it happened. De-watering seems to be the big issue with these old
silos.  It probably was when they were in use as well.

Brad