[Rhodes22-list] Must Have / Like to Have / Boom Room

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Sep 20 12:27:08 EDT 2007

Dan,

I have a Plastimo Contest 101 bulkhead-mounted compass.  It's attractive
in black & red, big and easy to read, lights up at night, and you can
read it from both sides; so I can lay in the cabin and only get up if
the boat strays off course, or hits something.  It ain't cheap, but West
Marine will match any price you can find on the Internet.

I have a bulkhead-mounted Humminbird Matrix 17 fishfinder, which wasn't
much over $100 (plus Stan's installation).  It has a relatively large
display, and one of the screens displays the depth and water temperature
in large numbers.  The transducer is mounted forward in the lazarette
and seems to work great.

Both are bulkhead-mounted, but Stan installed them close enough to the
cabin entrance that they don't get in your way when lounging against the
bulkhead.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Crab Alley (Kent Island, MD)