[Rhodes22-list] David Disick Welcome and a reply about using anchor

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 15:10:56 EDT 2007

David,

There are some who find anchoring off the stern for a short period on
a good bottom to be fine, especially if you to store the anchor on its
rode in the lazarette.  I keep a Fortress anchor, chain and rode in
the lazarette and walk the rode forward when I want to tie off the
bow.  Have a second anchor on the bow pulpit with a longer/heavier
rode stored separately.  You can get a mesh bag to keep a rode on the
bow pulpit but it looks pretty klugey.  I had the mesh bag to store
anchor and rode (can get at West Marine) but it was stolen and I don't
miss it.

Look at the archives via the link Ed sent and you'll see a lively
debate about chain/no chain.

Dave B