[Rhodes22-list] High thrust engine-transom

ASNOOCH at aol.com ASNOOCH at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 03:44:28 EDT 2007

Robert,

The new motor lift maybe more helpful in managing the outboard, however  it's
ability to further distribute sudden extreme outboard motor impact on too
thin fibreglass that may surround the mount I would suspect will still yield an
intact outboard motor fibreglass sandwich leaving that hole around that
mount. I  believe that increasing the capacity/surface area of the backer plate/s
will  significantly help without the exterior aluminum plate. I installed the
exterior  aluminum plate due to my belief that much of the remaining transom
glass was  thin and was filled with stress fractures following the "accident
tearing free "  of the mount.
Burt

In a message dated 9/23/2007 11:14:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,