[Rhodes22-list] My First Real Look

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Mon Sep 24 20:31:04 EDT 2007

1.	Not sure why your jib gets stuck.  I have CDI FF-2.  You need to
make sure that the opening on the drum is oriented properly (on mine at
least) towards starboard side of aft.  I also have a fairlead block on which
the furling line turns then runs aft through a guide, then up to the cabin
top along the rail to the cleat.

2.    Mine gets marine growth.  You have to talke the cover off and pull the
board and clean every now and then.  It is a lot of bolts, but not hard to
do.

3.	Pay the man.  It is a custom part.

4.	On the forward wooden face of the rudder between the composite
cheeks, I have a widget.  It consists of a plastic (gray HDPE maybe) disk
with an oversized gray plastic wingnut.  The double red line ffrom the
forward part of the rudder blade runs up behind both sides of it.  Tighten
the wingnut to compress the line between the rudder and disk to hold the
blade down.  Another line from the middle of the trailing edge of the blade
is captured in a single cam cleat on the back of the rudder.  This holds the
blade up

5.	Elton drilled a hole for me during delivery.  Not sure I could have
brought myself to drill a hole in my (then) new to me boat.

7.	I sit on the gunwale with a hiking stick.

8.	My VHF is starboard side near the hatch.  I have a compass to port
on the upper slope of the bulkhead.  I recommend keeping them separate.

9.	Sorry, not a clue on this.

10.	The stays are a big question for me too right now.  All I can say is
I am glad I have (had?) 9.

Jim Connolly