[Rhodes22-list] Politics of Abortion: Spitzer's Choice: An irreverent selection

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Apr 1 10:45:28 EDT 2008

I had to smile at this one. I can imagine some of what you went through,
but only imagine. I CAN however, understand.

Here's the irony. Society has pretty much (at this point in time)
accepted the notion that "it's the woman's body for her to choose" (I
haven't, but I accept that I'm not in the majority); however, they leave
"choice" out of it ENTIRELY for the male.

Both adults made a decision to do the deed that produces a child.
Whether through deception, ignorance, or just "I don't care, I live for
the moment", both (usually) made the decision to do it without taking
the precautions necessary to prevent a pregnancy.

So, both basically made equal choices.

So, why is it suddenly the WOMANS's sole "choice" as to whether or not
to accept the results of those choices?

Is the male NOT going to have to use "his body" to earn the money
required to support this child for the next 18-23 years?

I know, I know, totally different situation, and totally politically
incorrect to even bring up for discussion.

Except neither of notions are true. It's not different, and it is
correct to bring up for discussion.