[Rhodes22-list] Robert Skinner, USMC

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Apr 1 12:37:53 EDT 2008

Every once in a while Bob Skinner tries to hide his political leanings by
signing his post with USMC.  So I post the following for Bob's
enlightenment:
Two California Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement
on I-15, just north of the Marine Corps Air Station at Miramar One of the
officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles
approaching the crest of a hill.

The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300
miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would
not reset and then turned off.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in
fact locked on to a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying
exercise near the location.

Back at the CHIPs Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to
the USMC Base Commander.

The reply came back in true USMC style:

Thank you for your letter. We can now complete the file on this incident.

You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had
detected the presence of, and subsequently locked on to, your hostile radar
equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why
it shut down.

Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had
also automatically locked on to your equipment location.

Fortunately, the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for
what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was
able to override the automated defense system before the missile was
launched to destroy the hostile radar position.

The pilot also suggests you cover your mouths when cussing at them, since
the video systems on these jets are very high tech.

Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist
to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose.

Also, the snap is broken on his holster.

Thank you for your concern. Semper Fi.

Posted by Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA