[Rhodes22-list] Why is the list not posting other than to Nabble?

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Apr 3 21:43:13 EDT 2008

At 01:47 PM 4/3/2008 -0700, elle wrote:
>Beginning Sunday March 30, hardly any posts have come
>in to my email.....about the time that Al Gore made
>his many appearances. The posts may have posted to
>Nabble but it's almost not worth the trouble to try to
>find them on that site.

Yahoo has recently begun enforcing some rather strict rules about how
people can send e-mail to their users.  In particular, mailing lists
have been hit hard because Yahoo has imposed limits on the number of
e-mail connections that can be made from a given host.  Most
high-performance mail servers will sort their outgoing e-mail queue
by destination and then attempt to deliver all outbound e-mails to a
host at once (which seems efficient).

Yahoo's new policies subvert that processing by throwing such e-mails
into a deferred queue.  Their reasoning is that it might be a spam
attack and they need to control their processing load.  But the good
guys are treated the same as the bad guys, so everybody suffers.

Don't know if that's your case Elle, but most people do not seem to
experience the delays that you reported.  It would be good to hear
from other Yahoo mail users on their experience with Rhodes list deliveries.

P.S. A pox on all "free" services.  Yahoo, AOL, HotMail, even the
venerable Google will fall prey eventually.  There ain't no free
lunch while spammers have free reign.

Cheers!

John Lock