[Rhodes22-list] I can see clearly... Special reply to lee and Brad...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sat Apr 5 10:37:46 EDT 2008

Lee,

     Brad mentioned Virtual colonoscopy.  I have to tell you that procedure
exposes you to radiation, more that you need.  Any exposure to Xrays can
result in cancer.  Does the benefit outweight the risk?  Now there are
reasons to use virtual over endoscope, but those are not routine.

    Whereas, the old fashion tube and light do not expose you to radiation.
Rather choose an medical group that uses sedation.  They give you a shot of
Bursett (sp?) and you wake up not remembering a thing.  Also choose the
doctor carefully.  Some are much better and more accurate than others.  In
Greenville, there is a large practice that has several that I recommend.
Having worked along side those doctors, I can tell you that they are
competent and thorough.  It usually requires an appointment 4 months or more
in advance to get the best ones.  However, as I have said, they are very
competent.

    The doctor that I use, I have seen perform some procedures under
endoscope that otherwise require serious surgery.  You might compare it to
being able to land a large aircraft using VFR whereas most comparable
landings are done with IFR.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16513853/malignant.gif malignant.gif