[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Captain Whoops aka 'Chris Geankoplis' - is voting political?

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Apr 7 09:13:06 EDT 2008

Chris said,
    "....quick tell me how I will vote er I mean boat."

Chris,

     I would not attempt to tell you how you will vote er boat nor nor try
to tell you how to.

First,

      Here is some serious technology information for you to chew on, see:

http://www.gridtoday.com/grid/884756.html

Second,

      When it comes to choosing who to vote for or how to vote, ask serious
questions about the candidate or issue.  Look to learned and studied
commentators about the subject and candidates.  Keep in mind that slick
talkers are often just that and intentionally avoid honest details.  This
personality is exemplified in those who speak as representatives of an
almighty power.  In grade school religion class, I was told about a guy
named Thomas.  Then when I asked questions, I was told that was heresy and
had to rely on faith.

     When looking at current candidates, as you are aware, I have had to
take several steps backward.  Classified as a white person in the south, I
have been caught off guard by black people questioning the integrity and
intelligence of other black people.  Therefore I have not been surprised by
Thomas Sowell, a writer on politics, economics and race relations.  May I
recommend Dr. Sowell writings as a source of understanding of the current
candidates?  See:

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell040108.php3

and go to the list of his most recent writings for a few more well written
analysis of candidates and issues:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell1.asp

Another writer who does not fit the mold is Charles Krauthammer of the
'Liberal Main Stream' Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/linkset/2005/03/24/LI2005032401690.html

I just hope that you will vote for the most honest candidate.

“A lack of moral clarity is why people living in free societies cannot
distinguish between religious fundamentalists in democratic states and
religious terrorists in fundamentalists’ states.” Natan Sharansky

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA