[Rhodes22-list] Joe Babb about sailing dock lines

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Apr 9 14:55:58 EDT 2008

Joe;

     Did you say that you are going to pick up your boat at the Spitzer Boat
Works?  Did you say a recycled boat?  Not Brand new?  Then why new dock
lines.  I am willing to bet that a quick walk around the inside of the plant
will find you sufficient dock lines that can also be recycled.  And I bet
that you can make a cash offer of about half of what you would spend down
the street at the 'Boat Store.'  There may even be a washing machine in the
room with the bathroom for the workers out in the plant?

    In order to wash the lines you will need a couple of net bags to keep
them from getting all tangled and knoted.  Wall Mart ususally sells mesh
laundry bags.  Also take a small bottle/box of detergent.

    If you do a good job, maybe Stan will even trade you for the mesh bags
so he can wash the lines he takes to boat shows?

    Naturally inspect the lines and do not choose lines that have rigor
mortis.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
" A boat without a ding or more is not being used."