[Rhodes22-list] sailing: dock lines

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 9 17:05:21 EDT 2008

Lee,
Yo, skipper!  Do not forget that shock loads will factor up from a simple steady load.  Pulsing wave action can be heavy duty strain on an anchor line.  That said, I'd still personally opt for 3/8 double braid, a second line (and anchor) if stuck in heavy wave action.  I just can't imagine using 1/2 " line.
Chow,
Art