[Rhodes22-list] questions regarding the Rhodes centerboard.

DownHill jadoucet at snet.net
Fri Apr 11 14:06:45 EDT 2008

Has any one worked with the centerboard?

I noticed that the centerboard on my '86 (rebuilt 2002) Rhodes does not
extend vertically from the keel when the centerboard retrieval line is fully
released.  it is approximately 30 deg from vertical.  Because of this, the
boat does not point very well.

Has anyone replaced this line?  Does one merely remove the bolts from the
cabin floor to access the line?  Is there a mechanical advantage pulley
system? can it be easily accessed to change the line?

I've read about Stan's diamond board.  Has anyone replaced the center board
with a diamond board?  did your performance improve?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe