[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Nothing New Under the Sun

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 18:16:38 EDT 2008

Robert,

Important things first - my aim is dead on.  I've really got the scope
sighted-in well and under the current ROE (they have to fall in my yard and
a possible miss has to clear all the neighbors stuff) I'm running out of
targets.

Today is not a good day for me to be discussing politics.  I got a love
letter from the IRS asking about some foreign funds I sold to buy my
airplane in '06 so I've been re-working  the 2006 return while Fan has been
keying in data for 2007.  What's that old airline pilot joke?  Oh yeah, I
wish I had as much time off as the neighbor's think, got laid as often as
the wife thinks, and had as much money as the IRS thinks.

Obama has some serious problems in the general.  His latest Ivy League snob
remark about rural rubes at a $2300 a plate 'Frisco" fund raiser won't go
over well in the "flyover states".  He's got lots of baggage to overcome and
the spotlight hasn't even begun to shine. His wife's comments are downright
scary.  His 'keepers' need to stick a sock in her mouth. Keep watching.

Have you been observing the terrorist trial going on in London this week
with the would be airline bombers?  We studied their plan in the cockpit
defense course I attended and all I can say is we dodged another bullet.
Better to be lucky than good.  Yes Virginia, there is still a war on terror
going on.

Pete,

Pay attention!  I'm not campaigning for McCain.  I've been pretty consistent
over the years about my dislike for the man. I may vote for him due to a
lack of choices but you won't see my name on donation list - some 527's
maybe but not his campaign.

MJM,

No matter who gets in taxes are going up.  I'm unloading some weak
performers this summer while the capital gains tax is still low.  The
economy is definitely slowing down according to my employer's numbers, and
they are about as accurate a barometer as any.  Let's hope this cycle is
shallow and short.

Brad