[Rhodes22-list] sailing: dock lines

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Wed Apr 16 17:51:09 EDT 2008

Disagree, because line length depends on dock length and whether or not there is another boat secured to an adjacent dock but along side of yours in the shared water space.  Also tide rise and fall if in tidal waters. If we used 15' fore and aft lines and 30' springs (we do use springs) on a lake we'd bang hell out of our neighbors boat's side. Can't have too many fenders though and we have found that big orange balls are the best to prevent dockside rubbing on our Rhodes hull.
Bigal_61 at MSN.com