[Rhodes22-list] Michael Meltzer & Herb - Masthead lights (anchor & steaming) - Question and clar

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Apr 17 09:23:25 EDT 2008

Bob,

One drawback with a single all around light is - what do you do with it
when you're NOT steaming (motoring)? If it's at night, you still need a
stern light, but if you turn on a 360, you're identifying yourself as a
power boat.

Most mast mounted 360's that are used in this manner are actually two
lights in one housing, with a separator, so you can operate the
"steaming" portion independently of the stern light.