[Rhodes22-list] amazing develoment re ethanol ?

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 00:31:20 EDT 2008

and in new york there's a lot of waiting on line. for everything. ;-)))

Herb Parsons <hparsons at parsonsys.com> wrote:  John's from New York.
I can tell.
You can tell a Texan if they say "I'm fixin' to do something".
You can tell a New Yorker if they say "I have to wait ON line" instead
of "IN line".

I noticed the terminology a long time ago, but never knew why, until I
did some computer work for the NYPD a few years back. I did a tourist
thing, and the tour guide mentioned the phrase, and said it came from
the immigrant movement rush in NYC, when immigrants were told to "stand
on the line" (a literal painted line on the floor) on Ellis Island.