[Rhodes22-list] Wasps!

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 21:29:08 EDT 2008

Last year wasps were a problem on my boat...they were
in the lazarette...I believe they came in through the
boot on the transom and nested in the housing of the
motor lift. Thorough spraying the laz & under the
seats was the only was to be aboard.

I was stung badly twice last year after I'd thought
the coast was clear....now they are back; I saw
several inside the boat today.

I thought I'd headed it off this year by using moth
balls stuffed in the boot, and moth balls & cakes
(some lavender scented...!) inside the boat and in the
cubbies in the cockpit.....there were three inside the
boat (again) today, and several were flying around
outside the boat.

I sprayed wasp spray down into the dorade at the bow,
thinking that they may be attempting to build a nest,
but nothing was there.

So it look as if the battle royale is on....

The only place they could be nesting is under the
dock......so come early monday AM, I'll take the kayak
& go look....otherwise, I have no idea where they are
coming form.

And the boat stinks from all the mothballs....

ugh.

elle

engine started, though...!