[Rhodes22-list] Wasps!

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sat Apr 19 19:53:41 EDT 2008

At 08:16 AM 4/19/2008 -0700, elle wrote:

>   Looks as if what I have are the iridescent blue mud dauber & the
> organ pipe  mud dauber....I'll know better when I find the nest...
>
>   I looked 'em up...lit says they are rarely aggressive....ha.

Those are the ones that give me the most trouble down here as
well.  Their favorite trick is fly inside the sail cover gap at the
end of the boom where the is cinched around the sail.  They build
their mud nests under the cover in the folds of the main!  Big
surprise when I hoist it and all this red clay falls out.  Not too
mention the stains on the sail that will NEVER come out :-(  I need
to figure out a way to plug the end of the sail cover to keep them outta there.

Cheers!

John Lock