[Rhodes22-list] Attach pully to spreader arm ??

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 11:27:23 EDT 2008

Mike,
A hose clamp would certainly work, but it's not recommended. The hose clamp
is stainless and the spreaders are aluminum. It's not wise to have two
different  metals touching. In this case I would think the aluminum, being the softer
 metal, would disintegrate first. I also don't like drilling holes in a
narrow  piece of metal that relies on it's stiffness to accomplish its job. Plastic
wire  ties would work, but they will deteriorate from UV exposure. I would
replace  them annually.

Rummy

In a message dated 4/21/2008 11:02:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,