[Rhodes22-list] colregs Q and Bob Keller's suggestion ...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Apr 25 07:46:39 EDT 2008

Bob,

Are you suggesting that a certain boat builder should move to France???

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16894920/property%2Btax.gif property+tax.gif

Did that initially but it is a big PITA because the Davis light is not long
enough so you need an extension and then eventually the cig lighter plugs
don't work very well so it becomes one more problem to deal with instead of
fixing drinks which should be the main priority.  So I went with a 360
anchor light instead of a steaming light.  I did not read the regs as the
other did, but then I am trying to remember how many times I have sailed or
motored the Rhodes in open water after dark and I'll have to get back with
you when I remember one instance.

BTW, I'm in France and I would suggest that all of you who seek "change" and
a more socialized government and all the advances that it brings - why not
move over here - you could comfortably rent a 2 BR apartment and drive a
Clio...
Bob K> From: mjm at michaelmeltzer.com> To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:59:37 -0400> Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] sailing:
colregs Q> > Ok, weight is the issue; Do you have a steaming light? Is yes,
your setup is> fine, what I would subject is get the plug in Davie version
haul it up a> hailer/toss it over the spreader when you need an anchor light
(I am> assuming this is temporary use while you are the boat). Cheap, no
weight and> less questions all around.> > -mjm> > -----Original
Message-----> From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org>
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Peter Thorn> Sent:
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:25 PM> To: 'The Rhodes 22 mail list'> Subject:
Re: [Rhodes22-list] sailing: colregs Q> > Thanks. Yeah, I know the 225 light
will work. Just trying to use what Stan> has provided and avoid adding even
one more ounce of weight aloft.> > -----Original Message-----> From:
rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org>
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Bob Weber> Sent:
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:07 PM> To: The Rhodes 22 mail list> Subject: Re:
[Rhodes22-list] sailing: colregs Q> > > 1) under sail - Stern light ( 135
degree rear facing light) + side lights> 2) under power - Stern Light + Side
lights + forward facing "steaming' Light> which fills in the 225 degrees not
covered by the stern light. > or - 360 degree "anchor light" + side lights
only (no stern> light) Bob W> From: pthorn at nc.rr.com> To:
rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Date:> Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:39:38 -0400> Subject:
Re: [Rhodes22-list] sailing:> colregs Q> > There is an existing stern light
on the stern rail, like most> R22s. So I> gather that leaving that on AND
the masthead 360 might confuse> others to> think we are a much larger boat.>
masthead light off, expose> stern light> > Correct?> > -----Original
Message-----> From:> rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org>>