[Rhodes22-list] Edith P.

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Apr 29 16:45:40 EDT 2008

You speak of Edith Piaf - damn - she sure could roll her "r"s.

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-sUzR71wpQ

But the "Edith P." in my driveway is named after my mother -
Edith Woodman Parkhurst, daughter of Frederic Hale Parkhurst,
governor of Maine in 1920.  She was at home in every
environment or social occasion, unflappable, and very capable.

As to my singing -- a tone deaf  bullfrog in a bucket of
gravel could do better.  I prefer to listen to my wife. She
has the voice of a Siren.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren

/Robert