[Rhodes22-list] Mast raising question

chetc cclocksin at buckeye-express.com
Tue Apr 29 16:49:28 EDT 2008

Hank, do step the mast backwards as suggested in the literature? It seems
most people raise it the conventional way, using a mast crutch on the stern
and raising the mast forward.( But the literature says to lift it from the
bow...?)

Chet,

I've raised and lowered my mast without the mast crane but it is a two
person job.  The IMF mast is rather heavy.  However, attaching the lowers as
Stan advises does prevent the mast from moving sideways.  If I was
trailering a lot, I would probably buy the crane.  Since I only raise and
lower at most a couple of times a year, it is not worth it to me.

Hank