[Rhodes22-list] Fw: Redneck mast raising!

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Wed Apr 30 09:36:02 EDT 2008

Chet,
All that being said, we raise from the stern and do not have the mast
raising system.  Here's what we do.  Now, that being said, I would prefer to
use the mast raising system.  But our boat didn't come with it and I'm
cheaper than most. - rob

> John,
> Ditto what Slim said about standing under mast.  Having already dropped
one
> lowering one time.  We do something similar.  We raise from the bow as you
> did.  We:
>
> 1.  Make sure pop top and slider are closed.
> 2.  Move mast aft and bolt to bracket.  Someone has to hold it at the
stern so you can bolt the mast unless you have the mast crutch.