[Rhodes22-list] Leaky Rhodes

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Aug 1 10:21:06 EDT 2008

Steve:

I also have a 1984 Rhodes, except that it went thru recycle in 00 or early
01, I would have to look back exactly when.

Why didn't it go thru recycle?

Brad, gave you good advice.  My boat had a leak problem and it had to do
with the cockpit but it was related to a previous owner modification.

My boat when it is on the trailer and sitting flat or on flat water allowed
water to seep on the underside of the cockpit seats over the edge of the
cockpit liner into the cabin.  One day during a heavy rain I heard drip,
drip, etc.  After getting on my back and with flashlight in hand I could see
how it got inside.

The most famous way to find a leak or water egress to the inside of any boat
is the 'hose test'.  This test was espoused by a former member of this forum
as the way to locate leaks.  Simply stated while you are inside the cabin,
someone hoses the boat until leak source(s) are found.

Also learn how to search the archives of this site to study how others
solved your problem.

Welcome to the Rhodes List.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "Grounding is an embarrassing situation in which a skipper
returns to shore without leaving his boat."