[Rhodes22-list] Special Message to Art, Elle, Mike W., et. al.

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sat Aug 2 06:38:22 EDT 2008

Special Message to Art:

Art:

Before reading reply about your comments on GBI, you need to access the
following web site, and stand up (you have permission to join in):

http://www.contemplator.com/america/aweigh.html

<
<
<
<
<
<

Art said, “Maybe some of us have good ideas about how Stan could get the
message out that would build the volume, assuming that is his goal.”

Elle replied with the questions, “That statement led me to two questions:
1) Can GBI handle a greater volume of new builds? How many can they
realistically turn out monthly/yearly?
2) Is the profit margin greater on a recycle or new build? “

As I posted recently, the die to make the IMF mast was lost when the company
that drew the mast with that die sold out.  The point that Stan owned the
die was lost in the transaction and the costs of making a new die is almost
the cost of making one new boat.  How many IMF masts would have to be made
to recover the investment, no less make any money on making a new die.  The
truth is that there may be no new IMF mast, at least as made for the Rhodes
22 you all know.

Since the racing version has a standard mast of conventional design, there
can be new racing boats.  Stan does have a new mold for the Hull and Deck.
Thank you Ron S. for the picture, but where is picture of interior?

Art asked “ideas”?  I see a winding down of GBI and the group with the IMF
coming to sit around a table that progressively needs to be smaller.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "Sailing and boats have been a great way of life, not easy and
not very remunerative, but very rewarding." George O'Day