[Rhodes22-list] pop top falling on new Rhodes 22

Paul Krawitz krawitzmail-rhodes22 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 12:48:51 EDT 2008

Have any of you experienced the pop top sliderspontaneously plunging down?
On one occasion
it occurred during furling the mainsail. But on another
occasion, it happened while heading downwind, with
wind coming from starboard transom and both sails
widely out to port.

Other than putting a safety quick release pinbelow the pop top slider, do
you have any suggestions?

I told Stan I thought the pin, with only 1/4" inside the boom,
was too short. And I never had this issue with my circa
1981 Rhodes.

Thanks.

Paul Krawitz