[Rhodes22-list] HOW TO SAVE MILLIONS (Political)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 19:32:08 EDT 2008

Hank,

How can you possibly vote for that racist McCain, especially after those
blatantly racist Paris Hilton ads?

The Obamunist party would never stoop so low!

Brad

-----------------------

"The Paris Hilton Tax Break"   [John J. Miller]

If it's so awful to pull Paris Hilton into politics, as John McCain recently
did in a commercial <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXYsw_ZDXg>, then
Barack Obama shouldn't have dragged her into a Senate debate two years ago,
when he attacked the repeal of the death tax:

Mr. OBAMA: Madam President, I rise to speak in opposition to the complete
repeal of the estate tax.

First of all, [let's] call this trillion-dollar giveaway what it is—the
Paris Hilton tax break.

In these remarks, Obama mentions "the Paris Hilton tax break" four times —
check out the Congressional Record, June 8, 2006 (pages
S5616<http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?position=all&page=S5616&dbname=2006_record>and
S5617<http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?position=all&page=S5617&dbname=2006_record>
).

More Obama, from the same speech:

So if the Republicans want to bring up their Paris Hilton tax break to use
it as an election issue later, I say go for it. Because I can think of no
better statement about where and how we differ in priorities than that.

We will now wait for liberals to explain the political etiquette of Paris
Hilton references: Okay when Obama uses them to condemn tax cuts, but not
okay when anybody else uses them to criticize Obama.