[Rhodes22-list] 'E' ride this afternoon

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 07:28:27 EDT 2008

Since the 1950s, the phrase E Ticket (or E ticket ride) has  referred to an
unusually interesting, thrilling or expensive experience. It  derives from the
_tickets_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_(admission))  used at
_Disneyland_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disneyland)  and _Walt Disney World_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_World)   theme parks until 1982. Formally,
Disney called them coupons, but they  were commonly referred to as tickets,
as they were generally purchased in ticket  books (with admission). The tickets
came in different denominations, from A  through E, with E tickets being the
most expensive and reserved for the newest,  most expensive or popular rides
and attractions.
Park-goers could purchase tickets individually or in booklets that included
tickets of each denomination. Booklets tended to have more high-level (D and
E)  tickets than lower-level (A and B) tickets, and might contain, for example,
a  park admission ticket, one A ticket, one B ticket, two C tickets, three D
tickets, and three E tickets. Visitors tended to leave the park with unused A
 and B tickets, not because they had received large numbers of them, but
because  the A and B rides were less common and less popular.

In a message dated 8/11/2008 7:06:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,