[Rhodes22-list] Winterization advice

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Aug 11 19:29:13 EDT 2008

Ron,

You have a CDI which allows taking the sail down before you take mast down,
correct?  Then I would take sail off furler and flake and store in
appropriate container.  I would also consider going to U-Hall and buy a roll
of the plastic wrap and cover the actual furler while being stored.  Also, I
woud find a stiff tube or board to attach furler to, to keep straight.

Now all this could be disregarded by renting a slip at my marina.  Even if
lake goes down by 30 feet that still leaves 130 of water.  Rummy is sounding
like chicken little.  The sky is 'not' falling.  Alternatively, there is no
sail boat at Rummy's dock, time to mooch.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
addendum:  I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks.
Haven't lost a pound.  Apparently you have to go there.