[Rhodes22-list] Is there anyone out there who can help mewith my Yahmaha 9.9 4 stroke

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 22:52:27 EDT 2008

Alice, I'm late joining the fray here but wanted to share my
experience.  I got a new 9.9 Yamaha with my boat.  I had trouble with
it for the first two years (even after paying a Yamaha dealer to
service it) until I finally hired a local guy (at a Honda dealer no
less) who would work on the motor at the slip.  He had to clean the
carburetor jets and adjust the throttle controls.  Best money I've
spent.  Starts like a charm now, even after sitting for a few months
over the winter.  What I try to do when I know I'm not going to run
the motor for a few weeks is run the motor out of gas when putting the
boat away.  Just unplug the fuel line from the motor or the tank.
That way the gas doesn't sit in the carburetor for weeks at a time.

Dave