[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Another quite weekend coming - The revolutionary heart of Marxism

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Aug 15 08:39:49 EDT 2008

Most do not ask why Marxism, Communism, Progressivism, Liberalism inspire a
following (Remember they are really the different names for the same
concepts).  This an excerpted and paraphrased summary from a former
Communist who testified before Congress against his mentors and former
comrades:

The revolutionary heart of Marxism … in defiance of religion, morality,
truth, law … “is a simple conviction:  It is necessary to change the world.”
(Does this sound like Obama?)

Like the force of all great religions, “its force derives from a simple
vision.”  Whereas all great faiths have always been different versions of
the same vision: “the vision of God and man’s relationship to God.”  The
Marxist vision is the vision of Man without God.  “It is the vision of man’s
displacing God as the creative intelligence of the world.”

Marxism gives man sovereignty by the simple method of denying God.  The
educated man is moved by the vision.  An educated man, peering from the
Harvard Yard or any educated position, upon the world in chaos, finds two
certainties he seeks:  “a reason to live and a reason to die.”

One thing most ex-Marxist could agree upon: “they broke the bond because the
wanted to be free.”  Freedom is a need of the soul, and nothing else.  God
alone is the creator and guarantor of freedom.  He is the only guarantor.
Religion and freedom are indivisible. Without the soul there is no
justification for freedom. That necessity is the only ultimate justification
known to the human mind.

“Without freedom the soul dies.”  Marxism is a religious experience, though
Marxists fail to identify this truism.  Marxism fails because if requires
man to choose between irreconcilable opposites God or Man, Freedom or
Marxism.  This illustrates the crisis of Marxism to the degree in which it
has failed to free peoples from rules from God.

Paraphrased from Whittaker Chambers’ letter to his children on why he was a
Communist and why he quit.