[Rhodes22-list] Outboard Motor Problems Revisited - need answer to question at end...

Rik Sandberg sanderico1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 10:46:46 EDT 2008

Ed,

Up here in MN we went through this years ago. When you have been using
ordinary gas, some deposits will tend to coat the inside of your fuel
system. When you begin to use the ethanol enriched gas, the new solvent
(alcohol) will clean off the deposits that the regular gas wouldn't
dissolve before. Fuel filters and small orifices will tend to clog for a
bit until all this stuff clears out. Once it's gone you won't be able to
tell the difference. For now, to speed the process, three words .....
Sea Foam Sea Foam Sea Foam!! Keep some carb cleaner handy too. I like
Justice Brothers. You can use it as a starting fluid too. Good stuff.

Rik

Ayn Rand was a prophet - - it isn't my fault