[Rhodes22-list] Stainless Steel Cutting Question

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Sat Aug 16 22:05:45 EDT 2008

At work, we use a high speed grinder (Metabo) with carbide impreganated
fiber discs .040 in. thick. That should work for the dremel tool.Go
slow,sparks good,dust bad. Might want to drill holes on the corners for
something to shoot for and a clean ending.If what is under the stainless
is sensitive,cut groves along your lines,without cutting thru to leave
most of the grinding mess on the outside.Final cut is with the wheel
rotation throwing the grindings up at you instead of into whats
underneath.Good eye protection imperative. Jerry