[Rhodes22-list] launching in Tennessee in September

Laurie Denney lwdenney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 10:05:25 EDT 2008

Dear Joe & Sharon,

I am a Tennessee Rhodie that lives on Douglas Lake in Dandridge.

Yes , the lake is dropping rapidly but there are still several great
launches for you to try.  Just south of the main bridge in Dandridge (HWY
92) there is a public launch that is still very doable.  Also on Hwy 139 on
Douglas Dam RD there is are several launches.

We have a launch just down from our house but the road is a bit windy to get
to is and unless you have a 4 wheel drive it is kind of steep.

Great winds today and we are just about to head out for the day for some fun
in the sun.

Good luck and Happy Sails for the rest of the summer.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Joe Babb <joe.babb at comcast.net> wrote:

> Help.  Douglas Lake here in beautiful East Tennessee is going down
> steadily every day.  I'm not sure we can launch much longer this year.
>
> Are there any Tennessee Rhodies on the list who know of useable launch
> ramps on Watts Bar Lake that are good through
> the end of September?
>
> Anybody know of other bodies of water close by where I can get to within
> say 2 or 3 hours of Knoxville and can still launch in September?
>
> Joe & Sharon

Sincerely,
Laurie Denney