[Rhodes22-list] Famous quotes from Ron Reaqan....political, I guess.

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 23:36:29 EDT 2008

Elle,

Rummy started this thread and he deserves the credit.  Attached are some of
my favorites from the 'Gipper', especially the last one.

Brad

------------------------

A people free to choose will always choose peace.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the
economic growth in the United States.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes
longer.

History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of
aggression is cheap.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin.
And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and
Lenin.

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency,
even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.

I'm not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.

If the Soviet Union let another political party come into existence, they
would still be a one-party state, because everybody would join the other
party.

Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders.

One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run
it.

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines
don't have that problem.

There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the
courage to do what we know is morally right.

Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age,
only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

We should measure welfare's success by how many people leave welfare, not by
how many are added.

*We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.*

Ronald Reagan