[Rhodes22-list] Lake Hartwell - Art, Rummy, Slim, et. al.

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sun Aug 24 11:04:52 EDT 2008

At 07:25 PM 8/23/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>John,
>You have me curious.  How difficult to launch at Sinclair?

Not difficult at all.  There are several possible ramps and
marinas.  The easiest ones to get to are right off US 441where it
crosses the lake north of Milledgville (Little River and Sinclair
Marina).  Most are on the west and south sides of the lake.  The 441
bridge bars access to the western most parts of the lake.  See
http://www.georgiapower.com/lakes/Sinclair.asp and click around for details.

Sinclair Marina is the largest and offers the most services.  There
are nice restaurants at Little River and Crooked Creek.  I like
Crooked Creek because it is little used and located on the less-busy
part of the lake.

The Oconee Sailing and Yacht Club is located near Sinclair
dam.  Although it's private, that area is where you're most likely to
encounter other sailboats.

Cheers!

John Lock