[Rhodes22-list] Michael M and the issues with GB site

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 22:19:24 EDT 2008

Ed,

That 'letter to the editor' brought back a good laugh.  One of my high
school buddies (from a town of 650) went to the University of Illinois, fell
in love with a girl from Sri Lanka, and got married.  Her father, a Muslim,
didn't approve of the marriage and wouldn't give his blessing.  My buddies
father was a minister and didn't approve either. So they just did it! Later
on, both fathers consented so they had a Muslim wedding and then a Christian
one (each family thought that was THE wedding).  They celebrate their civil
ceremony date and there's always confusion when their relatives call and
wish them "Happy Anniversary" on what they think is their wedding date.
Mom's mom was visiting one time and asked the kids what they wanted for
breakfast - "bacon and eggs".  Mom was able to intervene and divert the
conversation (and breakfast) to something else.  Grandma ended-up living
part time in my home town  and gave the locals something to talk about other
than the Haslett boy's slant-eyed wife.  Some things never change.

Brad