[Rhodes22-list] ALICE WEISZ - my comment

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Aug 26 22:35:21 EDT 2008

Alice,

Although I would not advise going looking for the fuel jet and disassembling
the carb unless you had an experienced helper available, there is a wealth
of knowledge online.  I think that you said that you had a Yamaha 9.9
engine.  Yamaha has an excellent website featuring pdf versions of service
manuals available at no charge.  Check out the site:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/service/viewmanuals/viewmanuals.aspx?ls=outboard

or the T9.9 manual available directly at:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/service/manuals/1/LIT-18626-07-07_1410.pdf

There are lots of pictures and explanations in the manual, although most
advanced troubleshooting procedures simply refer you to the Yamaha dealer
for service.

The site even has an OEM parts center with even more great pictures,
exploded view diagrams and parts lists at (just enter the product
line=outboard, the year and model) :
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/parts/home.aspx

An exploded view of the carb of a T9.9 is attached at the very end (bottom)
of this message.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY