[Rhodes22-list] Political - Brad did you write the ad?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 11:00:04 EDT 2008

Ed,

Anyone in the MSM with half a brain knows the relationship between Obama and
Ayers.  There must be some really damning information in the Annenberg
Challenge Fund archives at the University of Illinois - Chicago library or
the Obama campaign wouldn't be so aggressive trying to squelch the
investigation via the Justice Department and threatening letters to TV
stations.  What we know for fact is that O and Ayers blew threw millions of
dollars for naught.  You don't have to dig very deep to find out they tried
some pretty radical ideas. One would think that Obama would have his
"success" as a "community organizer" front and center in the campaign.
Attached is the latest from Pajamas Media.

Brad

----------------------

What Lurks in the Ayers-Annenberg Files?

August 29, 2008 - by Clarice Feldman

Do Democratic presidential campaign committees think we are all stupid or do
they suffer from some sort of group delusion? In 2004 they tried to peddle a
man who made claims about his military career that were easily proven to be
lies (Christmas in Cambodia, outrageous charges about war crimes by his
fellow soldiers) as a war hero "reporting for duty."

This time around they are trying to take a man whose entire career has
linked him with far-left anti-American characters, political agendas focused
on redistribution of wealth, and racial spoils and pawn him off on us as a
man who transcends race and partisanship.

As the façade's cracks begin to show through — largely outside the focus of
the major media — the Obama camp is behaving badly and thereby telegraphing
that the charges involving Obama's role in the Chicago Annenberg Challenge
(CAC) are not only true, but both unanswerable and exceedingly damaging to
the campaign's make-believe narrative about their candidate.

First, someone — still unknown but undoubtedly linked to the Chicago
Annenberg Challenge as an executive or board member during the time Obama
was its chairman — tried to prevent the University of Illinois' Richard J.
Daley library from making available to writer Stanley Kurtz the
organization's records.

Then the campaign falsely asserted that [1]
ads<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNkclbvuc9w>respecting the CAC and
Obama's links to Ayers through it had been made by
McCain, sent threatening letters to stations brave enough to carry the ad,
and topped it off with two letters to the Department of Justice [2] laughably
demanding <http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/08/021330.php> a full
investigation into the organization which sponsored the ads, a 501(c)(4)
organization [3] legally
permitted<http://michellemalkin.com/2008/08/26/fighting-back-against-obamas-thugs/>to
engage in such activities.

Wednesday night the campaign conducted an outrageous and preposterous "[4]
swarm<http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0808/Obama_camp_blasts_National_Review_writer_as_slimy_character_assassin.html?showall>"
of Chicago radio station WGN, the mild and moderate radio host Milt
Rosenberg, and the equally temperate guest of his show, Stanley Kurtz.

Kurtz, in Chicago to review the 1,000 CAC files the university library
relented and allowed him to see, was asked to [5]
discuss<http://wgnradio.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44075&Itemid=467>the
matter with host Rosenberg. The Obama camp was invited to send a
representative and refused to do so although the headquarters is but four
blocks away. Instead the campaign organized a swarm of non-stop callers to
WGN attacking Kurtz as a "vicious racist" a "slimy character assassin" and
suggesting WGN failed its obligations as a broadcaster by allowing him to
publicly air his views. The baseless charges and the vitriolic nature of
them were startling to the station, the host, and the guest. Except for
telling outright lies about the Ayers connection and the CAC, the campaign
has done everything in its power to show us that it does not believe there
is a free speech right to examine Obama's record — such of it as has not
been buried or "lost." The unexamined life of Barack is what they prefer we
vote on.

In any event, despite these objectionable tactics Kurtz was able to tell us
a bit about what he found in the first few days of the five-day window he's
been given to study the CAC files.

He reiterated what I've said earlier: CAC seems to have gone through $110
million to fund an educational program which two assessments — one by the
Annenberg Foundation and one by an outside team — both found had
accomplished nothing for the public school children of Chicago. It is still
unclear how and why Obama was made chair of the CAC, but so far it seems
that former Weathermen bomb-maker and leader Bill Ayers picked him for the
slot.

In any event, contrary to Obama's early efforts to brush off his
relationship with Ayers through a series of false claims, Ayers applied for
and got the CAC grant, was chair of the other collaborative group that
closely worked with CAC, was present at board meetings and retreats with
Obama, and was considered an "ex officio" member of CAC's board.

The CAC files show the organization funneled money to activist organizations
and did so on ideological grounds, favoring applications that focused on
ethnic identity and bilingual education and turning down grant proposals
which did not. Thus, CAC funded a Juneteenth effort by the South Shore
African Village Collaboration and a peace school but rejected proposals by
the Chicago Algebra Project aimed at increasing student achievement and the
District 5 Math Science Initiative which was trying to increase the math and
science competence of Hispanic youngsters.

Kurtz added that Obama's pre-CAC organizing work for the Gamaliel Foundation
was for a group whose views were remarkably like Obama's "spiritual mentor"
Rev. Wright's anti-American liberation philosophy. He recommended the
book *Doing
Justice: Congregation and Communities*, by Dennis Jacobsen, which he
described in an NRO article "Senator Stealth." Notable is not only the views
of this organization but that like all organizing groups founded on the work
of Saul Alinsky, the organizers were practiced at hiding their extreme
leftist views, a tactic considered essential to gain credence with the
groups they were working with. He also noted that these racial spoils
schemes and redistributionist views were utterly consistent with all the
positions Obama took as a state senator.

While Obama's camp is trying to suggest that his critics are linking him to
Ayers' [6] conduct in the
1960s<http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ODk2ZTRmZDIwNWEzOWE2MDNhMTQ0ZWYwYmRiNWZmNDM>,
in fact, we are talking about the views and conduct of both these men — now
clearly established as [7] close
allies<http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=304729375940845>,
not passing acquaintances in the Hyde Park neighborhood they both inhabit —
in the 1990s, along with the utter failure of the generously funded program
to help inner-city Chicago school children they managed into the ground.

Two more points in passing:

1) We are talking about other people's children, not Ayers' or Obama's. At
one point the Obama campaign disingenuously said their children went to the
same school, implying it was at the same time. Ayers is considerably older
than Obama and so are his children who attended the private Lab School of
Chicago years before the Obama children did. Obviously neither of these men
considered their dream world's little red schoolhouses for their own
offspring.

2) Take a close gander at the draft Democrat platform. It is full of plans
to bring community organizers to your own neighborhood — undoubtedly
offering us all the chance to watch more money wasted on programs and people
unable to improve public school academic performance.

Oh well, if that fails, maybe we can just all enroll our kids at the Lab
School.