[Rhodes22-list] That Black Man is at it again [Political]

ben benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Wed Dec 3 15:48:32 EST 2008

That's one of the dumbest opinions I've ever read.

Of course schools -- especially universities -- have the right to decide what to require in order to grant their students a degree.  That's not denying the students freedom in any way.  Of course I wouldn't have used my "freedom" as an electrical engineering student to stay all night in computer labs or to spend my Sundays wiring a circuit board.  But that's what I had to do to get my degree.

He asks " What in the world qualifies teachers and
members of college admissions committees to define what is good for society
as a whole, or even for the students on whom they impose their arbitrary
notions?"

Seriously?

What qualifies te4achers to define what is good for the students?

So we shouldn't let our teachers judge whether our kids know a material well enough to avoid additional homework or not?

Of course not.

Ben S.