[Rhodes22-list] 155 vs. 175 Genoa

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Dec 4 11:30:30 EST 2008

Lee,

While the UPS is a neat thing to have, a spinnaker can work well in very
light airs.

While racers use the spinnaker for speed the sail can be easily used in
light airs without a spinnaker pole.  In fact Rhodes 22's have an extra
sheave in the masthead.  Or you can easily add a bail and attach a spinnaker
block.

Used spinnakers can be found all over the place and cheap.  I paid $75 for a
racing spinnaker from a guy who sold his Lightning 19 but the buyer did not
want to buy his old sails. [I do not blame the buyer]

Are you anywhere near this guy:  SUNNY`S SURPLUS ANNAPOLIS, 3 Solomon’s
Island Rd, Annapolis, MD 21401 Tel: (410) 841-6490

Ed K
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20837042/Change%2Byou%2Bcan%2Bcount%2Bon.jpg
Change+you+can+count+on.jpg