[Rhodes22-list] Politics-Palin-Twain

pdgrand at nospam.wmis.net pdgrand at nospam.wmis.net
Thu Dec 4 14:06:15 EST 2008

Brad,

You said:  "Palin didn't get where she is by being a shrinking violet and
that rubs some people the wrong way.  She was the only one in the race to
look right straight into the camera and say, "America, you lived beyond
your means" (paraphrased).  Some people like straight talk and others
prefer HopenChange."

This is a big frustration with me.  Where do we think people get the idea
that living beyond their means is perfectly OK?  Could it be that they see
the Federal government's policy of deficit spending year after year after
year after year?  Sometimes when I read some of the stuff on here or see
the news I just ask myself what in the hell has happened to us?  Whatever
happened to the incredibly simplistic reality that sooner or later we're
going to actually have to pay for all of this stuff.  How can so many
people (congress included) be so incredibly stupid?  Isn't it part of our
job as citizens to hold our lawmakers accountable?  How do we let people
like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Christopher Dodd and the biggest joke of
them all, Barney Frank continue to get away with the things they do?  (Oh
yeah, and then blame it all on whomever happens to be the current
temporary resident of the White House.)  It just astounds me.

Paul